Well, it has been five years already since our major deck restoration project. Rain, snow, ice, wind and sun have taken their toll over the years. In addition, the boards originally used were not of such high-quality in the first place. The builders should really have used treated wood - but they didn't. This means we had mushrooms growing underneath the deck. Needless to say, this is not good. We had to chisel out the rotten areas and fill them in will wood putty. Then the whole area needed to be sanded, primed and painted. Tonight we got the final coat of paint on the boards. I still have three rotten areas that I am working on - but they should be done soon.Saturday, September 03, 2011
Getting Dirty
Well, it has been five years already since our major deck restoration project. Rain, snow, ice, wind and sun have taken their toll over the years. In addition, the boards originally used were not of such high-quality in the first place. The builders should really have used treated wood - but they didn't. This means we had mushrooms growing underneath the deck. Needless to say, this is not good. We had to chisel out the rotten areas and fill them in will wood putty. Then the whole area needed to be sanded, primed and painted. Tonight we got the final coat of paint on the boards. I still have three rotten areas that I am working on - but they should be done soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment