My cousin Jenna came up with a great idea for the Warrior Dash: we should all dress up as Smurfs. The theme for the Warrior Dash is for sure macho - and we were going to run in the opposite direction and take on the persona of the least macho members of pop culture. (if you look, you can notice Hulk Hogan behind me)


Of course, Christian beat me by a long shot, but I did ok. The course took me 34 minutes. I was 162nd (of 587) in my age group and 996th overall (of 7,000). At 9,712 feet above sea level (2,960 m), oxygen was getting a little rare. That is almost exactly the same altitude as the highest peak in Germany (The Zugspitze)- I was a little less blue after the mud pit - and more brown. At the end of the race we had to jump over fire on our way to the finish line. As a group we earned lots of attention - particularly baby smurf who stole the show.





1 comment:
Oh. My. God. This is great.
Post a Comment