Well, it didn’t work out to live and work in Münich this summer, so I am back in my native state of Colorado. I love the weather, the thunderstorms, and the views. These are some of the things that I deeply missed about Colorado while I was gone. I look forward to the autumn, it is my favourite season. I flew into Denver on the third of July, and went almost straight to work a couple days later. I now work for the Colorado College grounds crew. It hot and tiring work, but it is outside and that aspect I love. I also like that I know everyone there and the atmosphere is very comfortable. I’ve been installing sprinkler systems and doing various things related to the maintaince of the College’s irrigation system. It is a bit strange to be back on campus, and I feel much more like an outsider than I used to. But there are still some people hanging around that I know, so that is nice. I would like to say that I’ve been up to some exciting adventures since I have been back, but my days are fairly preditable and unlively. But this is a nice time. It is very nice to be able to spend so much time with my parents. I think that it will be hard to spend this much time with them in the future, so I am quite happy to just enjoy this time here in Colorado Springs.I have decided to try and live in Colorado Springs and commute up to Denver University to go to gradutae school. This is a bit of logistical problem. I don’t want to drive because it is expensive and detrimental to my health. So, I think that I will take the front range express bus up to the Arapahoe park and ride. This bus is quite nice because they have a nice wireless internet connection on board. From the Arapahoe park and ride I will have to drive on in to DU. However, starting in December, there will be a light rail train that will take me directly from the park and ride into DU. I look forward to this time, and I think that it will make the journy bearable. I am not sure how long I will want to commute like this, but at least it will give me some time to look for a place to live, and take the pressure off finding a place in the summer rush. Maybe I can find a nice quiet little place for not much money. We will see. There is much that I just can’t know until I get up there and see how things work out.

Dad and I are spending quite a bit of time working on refurbishing the deck/verandah on the west side of the house. The beams that suport the decking has started to dry rot in places, and we need to get in there and mitigate that before it spreads and presents and structural hazard. This is one of those very necessary aspects of home ownership, but it is not sexy. When we get done the deck will largely look just as it always did.
No comments:
Post a Comment