Sunday, August 13, 2006

Well, I can't say that much has been happening here. The summer drags on. I go to work at Colorado College, and come home and help Dad work on the deck. The deck is turning into a huge project. We seem to just use more and more putty, primer, and wood preservative. But today we finished priming the entire south side of the deck. Now a cold front has come through and the thunderstorm are firing up and bringing some cool air and rain. The rain is much needed, but it limits the time we are able to work on the deck.


I finished putting in my irrigation system on the west side of Slocum Commons on the CC campus. I think the system turned out quite well and it gets everything uniformly wet, which I guess is the point. It is nice to work outside and I enjoy it, but I look forward to school starting August 30th.





Just after lunch the other day we saw a butterfly feeding on all the flowers near our grounds shop. I took some photos of it. I think this one is particularly beautiful. Nothing much in the way of news. I have started reading a book on the history of finance and democracy. I find it very interesting, and it is good to get my mind on the subject for graduate school.

No comments: