
This morning I awoke to a nearby rock formation, The Garden of the Gods, bathed in early morning sunlight. It was a very nice way to start the day, and as I said earlier, it is one of the things I like best about Colorado. I just wish I had been closer, in order to get a more detailed photo.

Once I got to work, we had some bagels, and then it was time to unload a flatbed truck. The truck was loaded with steel that will be used to build a huge lean-to shed in the back of the shop. It took a lot of concentration to get everything off safely. It was nice to do some work that didn't have anything to do with pipes or a deck.
After that, Bob and I went around campus to check things out. It turned out that one of our irrigation clocks had stopped working. We had to get into the German House in order to fix it. Inside the German House I saw all these old movie posters in German. I figured that maybe some German-type people would be looking at my bloc, so I decided to include a photo of it for all of you.
After that, Bob and I went to my irrigation system on the west side of Slocum Commons. They have recently laid sod down upon the earth there, and so we went to check and see that everything was getting wet. It was.
For those of you who have been reading this bloc earlier, you know by now that we have undertaken a major deck restoration project. Tonight we entered a new phase. Replacing the trek Decking back on the stringers. It is nice to see part of the deck take shape again.
No comments:
Post a Comment