My friend Tim was heading down Interstate Highway 80 the other day. He was on his way to architecture school in St Louis. He called me and asked if I could meet him in Cheyenne Wyoming for the day. So, I took a day off of work and headed north. I took along our mutual friend, Miss Holly, for some company on the ride. It was a pleasant drive up, and it was very nice to see Tim. We sat by a lake with ducks floating by when the wind changed directions. A foul odor came wafting by. Tim noticed the smell first and commented on it. Miss Holly said, "There is a factory over in that direction." Tim responded, "What do they produce, stink?" Miss Holly smiled wryly, "Actually, Tim, they produce the odorous chemical that is used to make natural gas have a distinct smell. So they indeed did produce stink. But that was the only unpleasant moment over the next two days. We had a wonderful time together talking about old times and old friends.
Holly's parents live in Cheyenne, and I used to live in Cheyenne as well. So, I had to stop by my old house and see how it is doing. It is fine. But back then I was half the size I am now and everything seemed twice as big to me then. It felt as if I was in a miniature world. A very strange feeling. But I think the house has held up quite well, which is nice to see.Miss Holly and I headed back through Denver on the way to Colorado Springs. I stopped at Denver University to ask some questions of the Financial Aid office. It was nice to see the campus again.
Oh Dad and I had some success last weekend getting the deck primed and painted. Very good news indeed. We spent quite a bit of time tonight putting the decking back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment